Birchmeadow Centre Fire Safety Conditions of Hire
Here are the floor plans (click to enlarge) - the conditions then follow.
- Ensure you are aware at the start of the event of the locations of fire alarm call points, fire extinguishers (including, where appropriate, the kitchen fire
blanket) and fire escape routes and exits.
- Be aware of the escape routes as shown by the illuminated green fire exit signs
- Familiarise yourself with the instructions for using the fire extinguishers, as shown on the labels above the extinguishers.
- Ensure that access to fire exits, extinguishers and fire alarm call points are not obstructed.
- Ensure that all participants know the location of escape routes and emergency exits from the rooms they are occupying.
- Ensure you have access to a working mobile phone to call the emergency services if required.
Actions in the event of fire
- Sound the alarm by breaking the glass of the nearest fire alarm call point.
- Instruct all occupants the building to evacuate in an orderly fashion via their nearest escape route. They should not delay to collect their personal belongings
and should assemble at one of the two the assembly points, which are the two car parks at the front and rear of the building.
- Assist in evacuating the building, paying particular attention to the needs of those who may need extra help, such as children, the elderly and the
- Call the Fire Brigade by dialling 999 and advise them of the location of the fire. The postcode of the Birchmeadow Centre is TF12 5LP.
- You may tackle the fire with the nearest suitable fire extinguishers only if this can be done without incurring personal risk.
- Ensure that participants do not return to the building until advised by the Fire Brigade that it is safe to do so.